Next Hotels and Resorts is committed to being transparent in how we collect and handle your personal information. We know this is important to you.
So, what is a Cookie?
When you visit a website or use an app, it’s a small text file that’s sent to you and stored on your device. This could be your computer, smartphone, tablet or other devices.
Cookies help us understand if you’ve visited our website or accessed our app before and, if so, optimises your user experience.
The information collected allows us to profile visitors to our website or app and helps us provide a better experience. For example, if you’ve previously looked at a particular hotel, we store this information in a cookie and may provide details of special offers and rates for that hotel on subsequent visits. Cookies can also record your selected preferences (such as your choice of currency) which we then use to tailor the website or app and the booking process for you.
- support the functioning of the website and app (including a secure service for online transactions);
- enhance your experience on the website and app by remembering your preferences (including preferred language, country of residence, and recent searches);
- track how users use the website and app, and interact with our advertisements (including our advertisements on third-party websites);
- understand how the website and app are functioning, and inform improvements to the website, app and our services; and
- gather data that helps us deliver advertising content relevant to your interests.
It is important for you to know
What types of cookies and similar technologies do we use?
- Essential cookies. Essential for you to navigate the website, access the app, and use our online services and features. Disabling these cookies may render services and features unusable.
- Functional cookies. Used to enhance your user experience of the website and app. For example, functional cookies may be used to remember your settings on the website and app (including booking information you have previously used when making a reservation with us) to help you save time on future visits.
- Performance cookies. These monitor site performance and usage of the website and app, which allows us to continuously improve the website and app to deliver a better user experience to you.
- Advertising cookies. These allow us to show you advertisements and content tailored to your interests and needs, and can help prevent the same advertisements from continuously reappearing for you.
- Other similar technologies. We also use web tracking (such as pixel tags) and analytics tools on the website, app and third-party websites to generate detailed statistics about traffic to the website, the source of that traffic and how you interact with advertisements on the website, app and third-party websites.
The cookies mentioned above may operate as session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary and allow us to link your actions during a browser session. These are deleted from your computer or device as soon as you close the browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or device for a fixed period or until you delete them. These help us identify you as a unique user (by storing a randomly generated number) across your visits to the website.
Other than these, we also use pixel tags in marketing emails from Next Hotels and Resorts and/or a property within our Next Hotels and Resorts portfolio of brands. These are tiny images embedded in the email that allow us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns by tracking, for example, how many times the email is opened by its recipients.
How you can manage cookies and similar technologies
You can manage cookies and similar technologies on your computer or device through your browser settings. You can set your browser settings to block cookies or to notify you whenever you receive a cookie so that you can determine whether to accept it. You also have the option, at any time, to delete any cookies already received through your browser settings.
Know that, even if your browser is set to reject cookies, you can still allow cookies from specific websites by making them "trusted websites" in your browser.
We have provided some links that offer more information on how to manage cookies on your browser and/or delete saved cookies. You can also use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Adobe (flash cookies): https://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
We use third-party technologies (such as Google AdWords, Google Analytics, CPR Vision, Guest Folio and Facebook) to enable more targeted advertising on third-party platforms and websites. If you would like further information about interest-based advertising and/or opting out of receiving such advertising, visit youronlinechoices.com.au or youronlinechoices.eu.
If you have enquiries or requests in relation to our use of these technologies, you can contact us using the contact information provided below:
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: +61 2 8962 2444
- By fax: +61 2 8962 2320
- By mail: Data Protection Officer – Next Story Group,
SilverNeedle Hospitality Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 6248 North Sydney NSW 2059 Australia